How to Take Screenshots (Print Screen) on Chromebook
Taking screenshots on a Chromebook is similar to taking screenshots on a Windows PC or Mac. There are keyboard shortcuts that allow you to capture all or part of your Chromebook's screen.
How to Take Screenshots on Chromebook
To capture all of your Chromebook's screen, press Ctrl + Window Switch. A confirmation window will appear in the bottom-right corner of your screen with a preview of the image.
If you are unfamiliar with the Window Switch key, it is typically located in the top row of the keyboard. You must press both keys at the same time.
Capturing Part of the Screen on Chromebook
To take a screenshot of a specific area of th
mouse cursor. Using your trackpad, click and drag until the area that you wish to capture is highlighted. Once satisfied with your selection, let go of the trackpad to take the screenshot.
- Locating Your Saved Screenshots
- Select the App Launcher in the bottom-left corner of the desktop.
- Select the up-arrow to expand the list of apps.
Select the Files app.
- Select Downloads in the left menu pane to view your screenshots along with your other downloaded files.
Screenshot Apps for Chromebook
- FireShot allows you to take screenshots of an entire web page, not just the portion currently visible on your screen.
- SuperChrome offer an easy and fast way to capture and share full pages.
- Awesome Screenshot includes a screen recording feature, among other screenshot-related functionality.
Latest news and sections
- How to Rotate the Screen on Chromebook
- How to Lock a Chromebook
- How to Take Screenshots on Chromebook
- What Is a CDR File?